Friday, February 4, 2011

Thursday Night Run Group


   Running is a great activity, but it can also be something much, much worse. Running by yourself can really highlight those bad things that running can seem like. At times, it seems like you could never run again and no one would even notice. Other times, it seems that no matter how hard you are working each day, that all you are getting is slower and weaker. You begin to wonder if those other hobbies that many of your friends partake in are not so much better than yours. Expensive golf or sitting in a cold, wet deer stand seem to start appearing so much more appealing when you can't remember the last time you finished a run and were amazed at your self. I am saying all this to put my hand out in an offer to help. I do not want your running to continue on in loneliness. I don't want you to hang up your spikes. I would rather you come to 286 Hines Terrace every Thursday at 7:30 pm and run with me. I am starting a little run group. It cost nothing. I am may even throw in some cold water.  It has one purpose and that is to remember why we love running. That is it. I don't care about pace, mileage, routes, etc. I just want to run and come back happy. I want to have to stop because I am laughing or because I just want to quit. If we have to slow down in order for you to keep up, fine. Next week it may be me that holds people back.  If we have to turn back and try a route with less hills, fine. I will just be happy to be roaming the Macon streets in a pack. It will scare all those negative thoughts and have them stay far away.  So...please come to my new run group. Anyone is welcome. Anyone.

David

1 comment: