Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Patriot's Day or Godspeed, Ryan Hall!



      At exactly 10:00 am this morning, the elite field of distance runners will begin making their way from Hopkinton to Boylston Street in Boston for the 115th year. In this deep field of distance runners stands an American named Ryan Hall. He has had more bad races than good races. He is believed to be past his prime. He was believed to be America's last great hope for distance running, but many have abandoned this thought about him. However, he is the fastest natural born American to ever run the marathon and the fastest American to ever run the half marathon. Some say all of that was just luck or happenstance. I disagree.



    So, on this Patriot's Day 2011, I wish Ryan Hall good providence. I do hope you win. I do hope you become overwhelmed with joy as you make your way from Hopkinton to Boylston Street. I hope you can achieve something great. I will be watching. The nation will be watching. The naysayers at letsrun.com will be watching. However, I know you don't care about any of this. You would love to win. The nation would love to watch you win. The naysayers secretly want you to win. But all you want to do is feel as the great Eric Liddell felt as he ran. He wanted to feel God's pleasure because he was doing what He made him to do. Run as God made you to run. I hope that you do.



Godspeed and Go Get Them,

   David

2 comments:

  1. I'll throw a few fist pumps for Ryan today. I do believe.

    But I'll be your shoulder to cry on if he doesn't come through for us...no judgement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should hear more about this guy. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete