Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Weird Things My Dogs Do--Part 2



     As most of you know by now, Mel and I have two dogs. They are the best of dogs and they are the worst of dogs. I am not too sure exactly what we would talk about most of the time if we didn't have them around. Most people talk about their kids and their jobs. We talk about our dogs, books, and ask each other why Netflix hasn't gotten the latest season of Law and Order: SVU, yet. You know, all the important things in life, right?

     We love our dogs a lot. We pretend things are going on in our dog's lives when we know they aren't. We have given each of our dog's a voice. We are always telling each other what the dogs are saying or thinking. For example, last night, I told Mel I am having a tough time finding a good disciplinarian action against Jack because he keeps trying to steal my cell phone and call this other dog named Maggie, that our friends own and that Jack really likes...if you know what I mean. So, maybe...a better title for this post should be weird things we do, but I guess you will have to read Lady's blog or follow Jack on Twitter. They are both so hip. They keep us young and relevant.

   I wanted to continue this post series because Jack and Lady seem to always doing something new that is as weird or more weird than what they previously were doing. Here are some of their latest weirdo trends:

    Jack got a new bone for Christmas. It is a giant bone. It is literally 1.5 feet long and probably weighs about 5-8 pounds. He loves running around with it, chucking it in the air at you or just up in the air. He will then try to catch it. However, sometimes he hits you with it. It hurts. Often times though, he will try to catch it, then he misses it, and then it hits his front paws. He yelps and cries, but then throws it up again and tries to catch it again.

     Lady is a digger, but she hides it. I am actually not sure why she is digging and I can't catch her doing it. I used to spank Jack for the holes. I did this till I came out early one morning and Lady sprinted to the deck with dirt on her snout and paws and then I looked at the holes with fresh eyes. They were only Lady-sized holes. Jack could have never done such little damage. I felt terrible. Still do. We are in counseling. This started out with just one or two holes. This morning there were 15. Isn't this a phycological disorder? Has to be.

  Hope you enjoyed these two. I will add more as our time with Jack and Lady goes on. There is always something new.

Hope you have a great Wednesday,
   David

3 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAH so Jackers loves the giant bone we bought him for Christmas!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie says she will call Jack around 3am when we are all sound asleep. Tell him to listen out for the call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady does need therapy. She cannot be still and content. I think the dog psych. could prescribe something to calm her down. Those holes represent her way of dealing with it, maybe trying to escape that other dog she looks down on, Jacksters........or possibly, they are just dogs? IDK!

    ReplyDelete