Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Little Clarification for Us All


My dear, faithful readers,

    Something has been brought to my attention and it worries me. It seems that actually I have been worrying you and I want to quit doing that as soon as possible. Many of you have been reading this blog and thinking everything that is posted on Hines Terrace Herald was an actual anecdote from my life. However, this is only partly true. Yes, most of what is posted on this blog is from my life and about what I am actually doing everyday. However, I have a hobby (besides running) that takes up a lot of space on this blog as well. This hobby is that I am an amateur writer of sorts. I have been working at trying to become a writer of fiction for the last six years. I even began this blog in order to have a place to let my writing be seen by others and have them give me some feed back in order for me to become a better writer. As a fledgling writer, it can be discouraging at times to write things and keep them to yourself inside little notebooks and always wonder if you are just wasting your time or if they is something worthwhile hiding on the lines inside your notebooks. So...I began Hines Terrace Herald.

  So, I need to ask you a favor and I will give you back another. My favor from you is that you please stop worrying about little old me. I am fine. I am not lonely. I have Mel, Jack, Lady, 84 students, a track team of 40+ runners, an awesome Bible study group, etc. I don't walk to work, but instead drive a very stylish wagon. I don't work at Sears. I teach science at a small, private school. I don't live in a small apartment, but instead live in an old house that my wife and I are slowly remodeling. And my favor to you is that I will let you know when you are reading a sample of my fiction and when you are reading about something that is actually in "real time" as they say on 24.

  Thanks to everyone who reads and checks out this blog. I truly appreciate it.
      David

No comments:

Post a Comment