Sunday, December 18, 2011

Some Weekend Humor



   As I've posted here before, I am surrounded by hundreds of students everyday and someone is always saying something that is really funny. It is often hard to keep my composure and sometimes, I don't do a very good job at this. Somethings are just too funny or too hard to ignore.Here are some of the latest. Enjoy.

I want to watch NCIS so bad right now.

I really want the new Zelda game for Christmas. I'm not too sure what I'll do if I don't get it.

  After answering a question about college computer labs that came from out of nowhere during a lecture about igneous rocks. This was one of the responses:
  
   They had computers when you were in college, Mr. Dark? 
   Yes. Computers came out in the 70's. 
   I thought you were older than that. 
   I'm only 32. 
   Oh.

Another response:

    Mr. Dark, why are you talking about Apple computers? Do they even make them anymore?
    Yes, Apple is the company that makes everything from iPods, iPhones, and all the Mac books. That's why all iPods or anything else "i" comes with a sticker that looks like an apple.
   Oh! That is what that sticker means. Now it all makes sense.
    Yes. Yes. Glad I can help.



I am so tired of boys right now. I have like 9 boys who are like in love with me right now. It is so exhausting.

Mr. Dark, if you walk barefoot outside is it true that you get parasites?
Only in really dirty situations, places where there are livestock on occasion, or third world countries.
What about here at school?
I would probably say no.
But that's not what so in so said.
He should check his info. 
So, I will get parasites by not wearing shoes....

  I had each of my students write with pencil for their exams because most use use their pen to make modern art not answer exam questions. Often times, I need my Captain Crunch Decoder Ring to figure out what is written. Please know that there was instant gnashing of teeth and grumbling straight out of the Egyptian wilderness.And then came this conversation.

Mr. Dark, is a mechanical pencil a pencil?
Yes.
So, I can use it?
Yes, of course.
(To everyone)Make sure each of you have a pencil. You're not allowed to use a pen.
So, I can't use a mechanical pencil.
A mechanical pencil is a pencil.
But you said we had to use a pencil.
I did.
So, is a mechanical pencil a pencil
Yes.

(Repeat the above several times with several different students who sat quietly staring at you while you had the above conversation.)

Want to know what I did my Spanish speech today, Mr. Dark?
Sure.
I talked about Uruguay (pronounced as Urgay by this student) in Spanish today.
I think it is pronounced Uruguay.
Whatever, I'm not good at that Spanish stuff anyway...

Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday and Sunday.

Happy Reading,

    David

3 comments:

  1. I think one of the modern artists lives at my house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless

    So, could she use a mechanical pencil or not?!

    ReplyDelete