Monday, May 23, 2011

Things I'd Like To Be Paid For



  There is an old saying that I hear a lot, but have only recently considered why it is such a good saying. The saying goes, "If I had a nickel, dime, quarter, dollar, etc,....for every time I've heard that, I'd be rich." I know that you've heard it. So, I began thinking of all the things I hear people say or talk about and I've decided that I need to cash in on this valuable and rich word. (No puns intended!) Here is my list (for now) of things I'd like to get paid at least a dime for hearing. I don't want to seem too greedy.

1. Presbyterians quoting or bringing up Tim Keller in almost any conversation.

2. My 8th grade students who use the word "like", like it needs to be in every sentence like a period.

3. That Cross Country isn't a sport.

4. That this is the year that the Georgia Bulldogs/Alabama/Auburn are going to win the National Championship.

5. "Did I watch Idol last night?"

6. "Mr. Dark, don't you think that Leonardo DiCaprio is the best actor ever?"

7. "Mr. Dark, how many days till summer?" This count begins in November.

8. "Mr. Dark, did we even talk about this in class?"

9. "Mr. Dark, Mr. Dark, Mr. Dark, Mr. Dark, Mr. Dark, Mr. Dark, Mr. Dark, Mr. Dark......"

10. "Have you run Boston?"

11. "Isn't that in the ghetto?" (In reference to where we live.)

12. "Don't you just love jeans?"

13. "Have you seen (fill in the blank) video on YouTube, it is the funniest thing ever?"

14. "Mr Dark, aren't you so jacked up about the new Pirates movie?"

15. Presbyterians quoting Piper, but first reminding you that he is a Baptist.

    I could keep going, but as I said, I don't want to seem too greedy. I will be on my way to millions with these little jewels alone. What are some things you hear too often?

4 Days Till Summer,

David

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha this post is awesome. Mr. Dark, like when are you coming to visit us in Chicago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When someone is telling you about getting ripped off by a relative or a friend and they say, "It's not about the money......" and proceed to tell more, but you know and I know it is about the money!

    ReplyDelete