Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Some Hump Day Humor




  I don't usually talk much about my students, but I feel we all need a little laugh. Or at least I do. I usually refrain from this type of blog for a multitude of reasons, but some things are too good to keep to myself, so here are some things that my little earlobes have absorbed as of late:

  Two girls talking before class a few days ago:

"Oh, my god, how was your trip to the mountains?"
"It was AAmazing.."
"Where did you like go?"
"My fam always goes to Helen and I just love it."
"Oh my god, did you say Helen? I just love it there!"
"So do I, it is like my little piece of Germany right here!".....

A 7th grade boy talking to another 7th grade boy at his locker:

"Just look at my lunch, I can't believe my mom did this to me."
"Wow...a juice box."
"I know, it makes me feel so childish. It's not like I'm 12 anymore."
"I know right."...

I noticed a sleepy student this morning:

"You okay, Weston? You look a little tired."
"I'm exhausted."
"Rough night, last night?"
"Yeah, had to stay up all the way to 9:30 to finish some homework and my family got lost on the way home from the beach and I didn't get sleep till 10 on Monday."
"Sounds like a pretty rough patch."
"I know, I don't know how much longer I keep going on hardly any sleep."...

A 7th grade girl this morning at the lockers:

"Oh my gosh, has anyone had the oatmeal from McDonald's?"
A multitude of "yeahs"..
"Don't you guys think it is life-changing?"
"Yeah, definitely"....

And some regular questions as of late:

"Do you and your wife, like dissect things for fun at your house?"

"Do you sleep in a bow tie?"

"Do you just wear those glasses for fun? 'Cause I see you at cross country practice and you don't have glasses on."

"Do you and your wife like find things around your house to look at under the microscope just for fun?"

"Mr. Dark, did you know Garth Brooks was a progressive?"
"A progressive? Like Teddy Roosevelt?"
"No, like a liberal."
"Nope, I didn't know that."
"Yeah, he is a big liberal. I just don't know how a guy who sings, "Friends in Low Places", could be a liberal. Do you?"
"I'm not sure Ive ever thought about it like that before."
"Well you better. Before long all these country stars are going to be liberal progressives."
"Really?"
"Yeah, you just watch."....

   Well, I hope you are all making it through this Wednesday and finding something to smile about. If you can't, just look around.

David

1 comment:

  1. I need you to email comments of the day! This was AAmazing. :) and ps stop lying to kids about wearing glasses!

    ReplyDelete