Sunday, August 7, 2011

Team Dark--A Running Team Update


   About a month ago, I relayed to you, my loyal readers, that I desired to be a "long distance coach". This idea came from several articles that I read where notable coaches from around the country and the world coached athletes from afar. They did this through email updates, useful websites, training plans, and by phone. However, each of these coaches charges a hefty sum for doing so. The cheapest being around $300 for six months of coaching. And I guess that is okay since they have a national reputation and have coached athletes to the Olympics and other prestigious race events. I, on the other hand, have not done this, but I have coached running for the seven years to some local success. I don't know everything about running, but am willing to learn more. So, several people, four to be exact, took the risk and joined Team Dark. They are training for two separate races and their training is underway. I have made them four separate training plans for them and have been getting status updates from them. You may have seen some of their comments on Facebook as they were trying to hide their love for their training plans. Let's meet the team:

Celia Bass: Team Dark's First Timer.
Distance = 5K
Race: Dash for Dogs 5K, October 29, 2011: Sanford, Fl




Amy Bass: 3rd Race under my coaching efforts.
Distance = 5K
Race: Dash for Dogs 5K, October 29, 2011: Sanford, Fl




Susan Dark: 1st Race under my coaching efforts.
Distance = 5K
Race: Dash for Dogs 5K, October 29, 2011: Sanford, Fl




Sarah Uhrik: A 1st Time Marathoner in Training.
Distance = Marathon
Race: 2012 Chicago Marathon





     So, there you have it. This is my little team and each of them have different goals and desires when it comes to the races that each of them are training for. I am very excited to be leading and following their progress over the next several months. There is still room on the team! Join today and keep a look out for the next Team Dark Update.

Happy Running,
David or "Coach Dark"


4 comments:

  1. My question is, how much are you charging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The current fee comes to exactly $0.00 when you include taxes and shipping & handling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm in a post! Now I really got to get it going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so fast now that it is somewhat like a lightning flash as I go by.......or I hope I can do this!

    ReplyDelete